Flowers for my blossie
So nice to be back at my sewing machine this afternoon. I finished my version of Janelle Wind's 'Flowers for Daisie Mae'.
I have been saving up a luscious jelly roll of 'Sweet' fabrics by Urban Chiks for this project.
I made some minor changes to Janelle's pattern, mainly to finish it more quickly. I appliqued a single flower rather than two. I machine appliqued rather than using needleturn. I modified the handles to a single adjustable shoulder strap, using a very groovy slide adjuster from Nicole Mallalieu.
I used Heat 'n' Bond for the scallop applique at the top of the bag, which made it a little stiff. The lining consequently wanted to protrude from the bag by 1/4", so I just went along with it. I quite like how it gives a 'bound' look to the top of the bag.
Thank you to Janelle for another excellent pattern. Janelle has a listing of stockists of her patterns on her blog.